Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.food+drink.misc

Default Cost of gas to heat upon a kitchen oven?

Pete Brown wrote:
On 10:29 22 Sep 2009, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:24:30 +0100, Mike Clarke wrote:

No, the red digit is 10 ft^3 and your meter is displaying
961290 ft^3.

Oh yes, I was wrong previously. (Mitigating circumstance is that
I've not lived in a place with a mains gas supply for 10 years
so the nitty gritty details of billing is but a hazy memory, so
only sending the 100's of cuft figure had slipped my mind).

So the red digit should advance one for every 140 revs of the
dial.

This is important guys!

I want to know how much extra it costs to warm all my ready meals in
the oven (with good results) rather than using the microwave (with
crap results). :-)

If the dial goes round 140 times for each time the digit advances
then it's no wonder my gas meter was useless when I tried to see how
much gas it took to heat up the oven.

I'm back to square one. I need to ask if someone in the UK with a
decent gas meter can give me an approx answer to that.

My cooker takes about 10 minutes to get to Regulo 6 which is the
setting I usually use. What's it costing me?

entirely depends on heat lost into the room, how much that replaces heat
the CH would have been generating otherwise (at probably lower
efficiency) and how burnt you like your prepackaged garbage to be, I
suppose.