Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default OT - Accelorator

On 24 Sep, 16:47, "Arthur 51" wrote:
Hi all.
I used jump leads to start up a dead battery and
I'm trying to charge the battery with the engine idling
in p reg rover 214. *When I try to give it a few more revs to speed up the
process the revs stay up...gave the gas pedal a touch and it zoomed over
3000
and stayed there.
That can't be normal?

Does something need looking at?

Thanks.

Arthur
PS *I did post this question to uk.cars.maintainance but they prefer smart
aleck remarks
to answering questions.

As suggested, I would tend to think accelerator cable. If not, the
bubble shape (no sure on the previous model) can have issues with the
accelerator sticking due to the flap in the throttle body not closing
fully. A quick blip on the throttle normally cures this temporarily -
removal of the flap and shaft with full cleaning before reassembly
worked for me.

Assuming you still have issues, then worth checking resistance of the
CTS (coolant temp sensor) hot and cold and also make sure that the
system is bled correctly. ... there is water in there right ???

Cheers,
Mark