Posted to alt.home.repair
bafenator bafenator is offline

Default Potentially failing pressure regulator?

YEah, I'll take it apart tonight. *The peak pressure reached overnight
was 132 PSI.- Hide quoted text -

132 PSI will probably blow your regulator. The normal big box *store
regulator will not work in your case.

I swung by a real plumbing store, and picked up a 1" unit. Going from
a 3/4" regulator to a 1" regulator made more of a difference than I
expected... before, two faucets (or filling the tub) would drop my
pressure to 30PSI inside the house. With the new unit, I turned on
the tub and every faucet in the house (to rinse out the flux), and
still had 40PSI. Not bad for an extra $15!