Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Bill Wright Bill Wright is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

"J G Miller" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:35:50 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

More likely to be eaten by some other wild creature of a species that we
don't hate, like feral cats ...

Presumably, therefore, the cat that you killed was a domestic cat.

Yes it was. We have a long tradition of killing cats. Hence my dad's
expression, 'There's more ways to kill a cat than choking it with lard."

or octopusses

I did not know that there was a species native to the ditches of
North Yorkshire? Do they lie in wait for passing strangers late
at night, then extend their tentacles, and drag them down into
the ditch and strangle them?

Yes they do. This is why so many people who are walking home from the pub or
a party end up in the ditch, with sucker marks all over their face.

Bill