Posted to alt.home.repair
justalurker . justalurker . is offline

Default Hydrostatic transmissions

On Sep 23, 4:49*pm, Jim wrote:
Just took delivery of my first ever lawn tractor with a hydrostatic
transmission. *Not being a Lexus I don't expect silence, that said when
engaging forward or reverse it's not exactly quiet either.

Curious to learn from others what "normal sounds" to expect. *I'm
purposely not including the sounds I'm hearing so I can instead compare
users descriptions to the sounds generated. *Hopefully with your inputs
I'll have an idea of what is normal and what should be of concern.

Make sure you are a full throttle when moving.
Low engine speeds can generate more hydro noise.

Moving and mowing are always done at WOT.