Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Need Refrigerator Advice

wrote:
The wife wants to buy a new refrigerator, specifically one with french
doors and a bottom freezer in textured black. There are lots of these
but so far I have only found the textured black in an Amana model. Any
tip appreciated.
Thanks.

PS Anybody got any links to refrigerator reliability data? My googling
has been unsuccessful so far.

Be advised. The amana, frigidare, and maytag are all identical made by
the same manufacturer. We bought the maytag 'cause the wife wanted the
slick (not dirt holding texture) on the doors and the maytag was the
only one like that. When i say 'identical' there are variations on the
configuration inside. (drawers, pop can holders, deli tray, etc) but
the mechanics are the same.