Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default Need Refrigerator Advice

Forget about ratings. All current refrigerators are equally prone to
repairs. This is evidenced by the fact that you cannot buy a refrigerator
with an warranty in excess of one year.

The only way out is to buy a five year warranty in addition to the factory
warranty. Costs maybe $ 100 but is worth it.

We bought a Jennair French Door 3 years ago(2,000 bucks). The compressor had
to be replaced after two years and it broke down again in the following
year. We were glad we had an extended warranty. Otherwise the repairs would
have cost us $ 900.

They don't make them like they used to, any more, and you better believe it.
Refrigerators used to run for 20 years.

The same holds true for all kitchen appliances. Right now we are waiting for
a new display for our 2 year old GE Double Oven.

Our new dishwasher broke down twice, so far.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message
The wife wants to buy a new refrigerator, specifically one with french
doors and a bottom freezer in textured black. There are lots of these
but so far I have only found the textured black in an Amana model. Any
tip appreciated.
Thanks.

PS Anybody got any links to refrigerator reliability data? My googling
has been unsuccessful so far.