Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

Andy Cap wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:54:59 GMT, "neverwas" wrote:

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any way out of the mess unless and
until we get an electorate which is better educated on such matters.
(So it looks to me a close call whether we'll get there before the sun
goes red giant.)

I'm fascinated by the idea that the electorate can influence *any* single issue.
Our much hyped and self-righteously promoted democracy is no more than a sham.

Sadly there is much truth in that... The exception seems to be when the
electorate can organise themselves into groups and then apply pressure.
Alas the most common organisation tends to be a corporation, and then
the goals are not always in the best interest of the electorate at large.

--
Cheers,

John.