Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power shower removal

John Rumm wrote:
Dave wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Dave wrote:
When we had the bathroom done, the plumber didn't like the gate
valves I had used to isolate the bathroom and he told me he was
going to remove them. I told him that I had to be able to isolate
she shower when I wanted to, so he put a pair of valves behind the
bath panel (the shower is over the tap end of the bath.)

Your plumber was dead right, gate valves are the spawn of satan.

I wasn't impressed with them at all the first time I had to close
them, but I found I could get a satisfactory water shut off to do
the job in hand,

The most common failure mode IME, is they turn off ok, (with varying
levels of "off") but then the shaft break internally and allows you to
turn it back on without actually allowing any water through.

BTDTGTTS

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk