Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default SPDIF to Analog converter.

Dori wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Dori, your pointless use of nasty/vulgar language
is not appreciated.

Oh, you poor baby!

He or she is doing it for the sake of doing it. And if he/she used the N
word or the K word, he/she would be quickly struck down by the group.

O.K. My Mistake, the O.P. should plug the HDMI output from his TV to the
HDMI output on his HTIB and enjoy all the Dolby Digital UNCOMPRESSED!
Surround Sound there is.

Of course I'm lying. He wants to get the HTIB to do something it wasn't
designed to do. That is, decode a 5.1 Dolby Digital stream via external
source. The HTIB was obviously made for DVD viewing and decoding the
surround sound stream from DVD players.

Even if they made a box which would decode 5.1 channels how would he
feed it to the surround sound system which more than likely doesn't have
the 5 channel and 1 low frequency inputs?

The solution is that he needs to buy an entirely new surround sound system.

I already have an existing system that uses LINE input from my 61"LCD
into the surround. It properly decodes the 5.1 just fine.. !.

I don't know where you're getting this idea from.

The line inputs of my new home Theater does decode properly when
I use a smaller LCD TV I have that just happens to have analog line out
on it. So I know the system works as it should.

I just need to convert this signal from the coax digital with out
great pain.