Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to tell if a saw blade is sharp?

If you see the blood before you feel the pain, then it is still plenty
sharp. Otherwise have it sharpened right away.

On Sep 24, 10:05*am, -MIKE- wrote:
Sorry if this is on topic. * :-)

I suppose I could just google it, but here goes...

There was a 10" Delta 60 tooth on this table saw and it was covered in
all kinds of gunk and baked-on sap or something. *I cleaned it all off
and scraped off every tooth individually.... yeah, I was bored and there
was a good CD on. * :-)

Is there a way to tell if a saw blade is still sharp enough or needs to
be sharpened?
Is there a tried and true testing technique?
Or is it as simple as just trying it and seeing if it cuts clean, smooth
and fast?

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*