Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How to tell if a saw blade is sharp?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
http://ridgecarbidetool.com/sharpeni...f6aab304 3a2a
$15 for your blade, plus postage.

That's a great price, Ed? How much was shipping?

This blade is a Delta 35-7646.
Looks to be a hundred dollar blade that can be had for 40 bucks. :-)

It's thick, flat, and the tips seem to be pretty thick... meaning I
guess they have plenty of room to be sharpened.

There's a sharpening shop, close to me. If they are as cheap as your
place, I may take all my blades. From what I hear from the guys at
Woodcraft, a properly sharpened blade cuts better than a new one.

First blade is $9, ea additional is $1, but five blades is free shipping.

I sent a DeWalt blade from my miter saw that was in rough shape from cutting
laminate flooring and it came back better than when new.