Mike at American Sycamore

Default Need help with shaper (new tool)... yikes!

Matt Zach wrote in message ...
I need a little help getting started with a new shaper and power feeder
that I just purchased. I'm in the Chicago area, and hope to find someone
who can show me how to run my new shaper.... I know this must sound
pretty weird to some of you.
I have most all of the other tools, but this new shaper really has me a
little nervous about just sliding a few boards into it and learning by
the seat of my pants.
I just put a ~2.5"Jesada Cutter head on it, and hit the power button,
and almost froze when I heard the WHIRRING sound. I then tried to muster
up enough courage to have my power feeder push a 2x4 piece of soft pine
through it.... I figured that I better ask for a little help on this
one.
So... is there either a woodworking group, and individual, or even a
small company in the greater Chicago area that might be willing to show
me how to use the shaper, either at my place or theirs? I'd be very
grateful, and would be glad to treat them to a good steak and a couple
of beers afterwards.
If there is a woodworkers club in the Chicago area, I'd like to find out
how to get involved in that also.
Thanks in advance (once again),
Matt

Matt,

I am just a little of a drive....take a look at my web
site.....www.americansycamoreretreat.com
I would be glad to spend some time with you at no charge if you would
like to drive down to the school. If you are interested call or
e-mail me and we will set up a date. Thanks,
Mike from American Sycamore
ps What shaper and feeder do you own?