Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
justme[_2_] justme[_2_] is offline

Default antennae ladder line formulae that I really need help with. THANK YOU.

ANYONE?

"justme" wrote in message
Although the formulae did not copy properly, if one wants to help me with
this, they can go to the link below for the proper fomatting of these
formulae. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

j/b

d= .0808 (12 gauge stranded copper)
S= 6 inches
r=Effective dielectric constant (Air = 1.00054)

Here is the Wikipedia link for these formulae:
http://unblockmoney.info/browse.php?...xhZGRlcl9saW5l

The formula to calculate the impedance of ladder line is:

The formula to calculate the impedance of open (air dielectric) ladder
line
is:

The formula to calculate the distance between conductors of open ladder
line
is:

Whe
Z0 = Impedance.
S = Center to center distance between wires.
d = Diameter of the wire.
r = Effective dielectric constant (Air = 1.00054).
The unit of measure for S and d are not critical as long as they are the
same.

I GET DIFFERENT RESULTS WHEN COMPARING TO A GRAPH.