Posted to uk.d-i-y
Falco Falco is offline

Default OT - Accelorator

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
I used jump leads to start up a dead battery and
I'm trying to charge the battery with the engine idling
in p reg rover 214. When I try to give it a few more revs to speed
up the process the revs stay up...gave the gas pedal a touch and it
zoomed over 3000
and stayed there.
That can't be normal?

Does something need looking at?

Thanks.

Arthur
PS I did post this question to uk.cars.maintainance but they prefer
smart aleck remarks
to answering questions.

Arthur 51,

The reply that you had over on uk.cars.maintainance from Mr Cheerful:

"if the battery has been completely flat then the car may need to re-learn
its settings, it will only do this once it has been fully hot and driven for
a while, so I wouldn't touch anything yet."

Is a perfectly feasible answer from a very knowledgeable bloke - but as
normal, you have failed to heed some very good advice.

Falco