Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Linda Barker on Working Lunch

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:59:15 GMT, "bartc" wrote:

"Matty F" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 12:03 am, Usenet Nutter
wrote:
Talking ******** by telling people to stay away from Electrical work
or Plumbing work and get a pro in to do it . No ifs or buts ..Just do
not do it and of course,nobody there to contradict her.

A "pro" may not do a good job.
In New Zealand we have a TV programme called Target where
professionals are asked to do all kinds of jobs while the owner is
away. There are hidden cameras.
Many professionals do not do a good job.

Some wander around the house
& check the panty drawers etc. Some pinch money.

And this is actually broadcast on TV? With permission of the workman or not?

Some may have a harmless penchant for this sort of thing

Pinching money ?

and perhaps they
should be confronted privately, but broadcasting it to friends and family
and possible customers seems unbelievably cruel.

Yeah, bring it on.

Perhaps if a good standard of work is desired, tell the workmen in advance
about the covert cameras connected to national TV, that might work quite
well.

What are the circumstances when a good standard of work (That you will
be paying for) is not required and you are happy that the workmen
frisk your drawers looking for your wife's / daughter's panties ?

Otherwise one is tempted to think the TV station is just after some
sensational footage, never mind leaving some poor guy's life in tatters, or
worse.

Are you for real ?

Whatever you're wearing out your keyboard with that one as far as I'm
concerned, some stinking rotten lazy idle theiving ****bag of a
builder pinched my violin.

Derek