Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Cleaning Plated Electrical Contacts?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Arfa Daily wrote:

Interesting that you say "often". I really hadn't noticed that this
occured
except on the odd occasion, and I had always put that down to there being
something amiss in the formatting of the text that I was 'breaking into'
with my comments. I don't very often reply in that way, answering
individual
points within the text body of the original post. Normally, I append a
total
reply to the bottom of the post, sometimes snipping irrelevant text from
above or below, if it is one specific point that I am replying to, or
where
the post has become unnecessarily rambling. I had always thought that the
original text gained right arrows at the start of each line
automatically,
with my text identified by not having these, as a function of OE as it
stands, and when these didn't appear, as was the case that started this
sub-discussion, that something had just 'gone wrong'. Surely, I wasn't
seeing something different on my machine, than what everyone else was
seeing, was I ? Presumably, once the post is on the server, I see the
same
as everyone else, don't I, even though it's my own post that I'm looking
at
?

I must admit to being a little confused now (not unusual !) The indicated
bit of software is now installed, and I guess it must be doing something
as
you say that things now look "better", but I'm not sure exactly what I am
seeing here, that looks any different, other than the number of right
arrows
at each line start seems to be increasing as you go further back ... ??

That's what its supposed to look like. Each new meassage is supposed
to add another row of arrows to any quoted text, so you can tell who
posted what without going back and reading every message in a thread.

--

Fair enough ! Mission accomplished then, I guess ...

Arfa