Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Desk pedestal joinery choices...

On Sep 24, 12:15*am, DJ Delorie wrote:
krw writes:
though I generally use 3/4" ply.

Me too, but in this case there will be two layers of 1/2 ply between
each module - one from each module. *Using 3/4 would have resulted in
a 1 1/2 inch wall between modules, which I thought was too much.

Here's the full-desk plan so far:http://www.delorie.com/wood/desk/

I think I'd build the pedestals as single units, possibly with the end
book case separate. Not sure about that book case corner hanging in
air, either. Plywood warps pretty easily.

For a top I was going to either use a solid core door

I'm doing a solid oak top. *My current desk sags a *lot* so it's
something I'm particularly keen on avoiding.

If you're looking to buy the top, as I mentioned earlier, look at
Ikea. I haven't seen anything close to their prices for butcher
block. If you're building it yourself, never mind.