Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles charles is offline

Default Switch off at the socket?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
J G Miller wrote:
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 20:43:33 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

Uranium for instance can be safely kept in a cardboard box under the
bed.

And breathing in the radon gas is not a hazard?

What radon gas?

You also forget that aside from the radioactive hazards of uranium,
it is a toxic metal.

Indeed. its as nasty as lead or mercury really.

Mercury is a good deal nastier since it is liquid at room temperature
and hence emits mercury vapour... It don't take much of that to
seriously FYU!

an interesting concept. When BBC RD were experimenting with video delay
lines in the late '60s, the prototype was an open mercury bath - with a
moveable dam at one end to alter the path length. I don't know of anyone
there who suffered ill effects. I'm certainly still alive - 40 years later.