Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tips on Unscrewing Kitchen Sink Waste Pipe?

I've seen internal pipe wrenches for smaller pipes. Be nice
if he could get internal pipe wrench, and then impact wrench
to rattle it loose.

The sawzall and cuplr idea is a good one, too.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"fftt" wrote in message

Any of you professional or experienced amateur plumbers
got any tips
on how to deal with it?

I've been using the pipe wrench near the trap, so I won't
accidentally
damage the new hot & cold water plumbing. Also, I've got
more room to
work out there. Would I be able to apply more torque
closer to the
wall (connection)? Not as much room to work close to the
wall,
because of the other plumbing.

Getting the closer to the wall won't give you more torque
but there
will be less moment tending the tear the threads out of the
wall
fitting so closer is better in that regard.

How big is the wrench you're using? Try a bigger wrench
(like 18" or
bigger) and TIGHTEN the joint (just a bit of movement)
before
attempting to loosen it.......works every time!

cheers
Bob o