Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Hydrostatic transmissions

Jim wrote:
Just took delivery of my first ever lawn tractor with a hydrostatic
transmission. Not being a Lexus I don't expect silence, that said when
engaging forward or reverse it's not exactly quiet either.

Curious to learn from others what "normal sounds" to expect. I'm
purposely not including the sounds I'm hearing so I can instead compare
users descriptions to the sounds generated. Hopefully with your inputs
I'll have an idea of what is normal and what should be of concern.

Other than some pump noise, perhaps, I'd expect essentially no
transmission sounds based on everything from lawn mower and tractors to
mid-40's hp tractors (as another poster, all green).

If it's anything else, I'd suggest time to ask the dealer if it's not
some junk walmart special...