Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Knee Jerk

Scott Lurndal wrote:

In their mind, you should just change employers. People like Tim, and
Robots like HeyBub (who is too ashamed of his positions to post with
his real name) think people are just resources that get slotted in
wherever they are needed; whereas most people actually get jobs that
they _like_, and resent being reslotted for whatever reason or being
treated as interchangable parts in some vast machine.

It's the old Repubs favor the freedom of business to do whatever they
want, and Dems favor the freedom of individuals to do whatever they
want.

Some observations:

1. I don't post with my real name because I change it often. The email
address is, however, real. If you send a polite request, I'll be pleased to
provide the name I'm using this week.

2. "Old Repubs" favor business being able to contract with a willing seller
of labor and conditions of work for an agreed on wage.

3. I agree that Dems favor freedom of individuals to do CERTAIN things
(smoke dope, marry the same sex, burn the flag, etc.) but they are, by no
means, libertarians. For example, most liberals favor a woman using a name
other than her real one (which is okay by me inasmuch as she's taking the
name of TWO men instead of the traditional one). Oops.