Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
the_constructor[_2_] the_constructor[_2_] is offline

Default Double Glazing & Extractor Fans ?

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:27:45 +0100, "the_constructor"
wrote:

I have absolutely no where in the kitchen to fit an extractor fan. Walls
on
either side of the door and windows is about 4". Above the windows, can't
be
fitted there, because of the lintels.

Is it possible therefore, to fit an extractor fan into double cglazed
windows.

Don't expect it do anything for insulation. I inherited one when I
bought this house in 1987 and had it taken out as soon as I could,
replaced the glass. The extractor was covered in unremovable gunge and
in the winter it was just like having a hole in the window. I don't
know if window mounted extractors come with better thermal values than
my old one had but putting a hole in an insulated glazing unit does
seem a nonsense.

No more of a nonsense as putting a letter box in a doubleglazed door.... or
airvents in the tops of doubleglazed windows to comply with gas regs