Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
DIY[_5_] DIY[_5_] is offline

Default Double Glazing & Extractor Fans ?

"the_constructor" wrote:
I have absolutely no where in the kitchen to fit an extractor fan. Walls on
either side of the door and windows is about 4". Above the windows, can't
be fitted there, because of the lintels.

Is it possible therefore, to fit an extractor fan into double cglazed
windows.

I know I can't do it, but if I tell the double glazing supplier what I
want, is it possible ?

Kindest regards,

Jim

If the glass is not toughened then a hole can be cut on site. If the glass
is toughened a new DG unit will need to me made, a hole cut, then toughened,
then fitted into the frame. Height above floor level that determines whether
it is a 'critical location' and therefore must have safety/toughened glass
is as follows:

Any glazing or part of that glazing, which is between the finished floor
level and a height of 800mm above the floor level, is in a 'critical
location'.