Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dori Dori is offline

Default SPDIF to Analog converter.

Jamie wrote:

It was a gift so it's not like an easy return.,,.

It has USB, SD card options, HDMI outputs, Component outputs and LINE
input . Along with a COAX digital programmable output!.

That COAX digital programmable output is probably to hook up the system
to a real surround system to play the USB and SD Card through it.

it just does not have a SPDIF input on it. and the TV does not have
the analog line output..
It does have how ever, a head jack (stereo) output which I am
wondering if that carries the 5.1 signal ?

No, and neither will the SPDIF because SPDIF is stereo only. You're
confusing SPDIF with Dolby Digital. They are not the same thing.

admittedly, it's a cheap system..

1000Watts Colby. But, since it was free, I'd like to
get the TV piped into it.

Then you have nothing to lose by taking the faggot out to the back yard
and beating it to death with a sledgehammer.

You can use the headphone jack but you're only going to get stereo
sound, not surround. It sounds like you would only get stereo out the
digital output because like I said, SPDIF is stereo, not surround sound.

SPDIF is the protocol flowing through the cable, not the connectors on
the cable.