Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default SPDIF to Analog converter.

Adrian C wrote:

Jamie wrote:

This isn't a repair question how ever, I need a
SPDIF to analog converter because My LCD TV only has
SPDIF for audio output, my new Home theater only has
LINE inputs (stereo) but does have digital output? (go figure).

I would like one that passes the 5.1 signal, so that my
surround system will process it.

Your surround system is Pro Logic or something earlier. Replace it.

Actually, its not that early, I just got it(New)!

It was a gift so it's not like an easy return.,,.

It has USB, SD card options, HDMI outputs, Component outputs and LINE
input . Along with a COAX digital programmable output!.

it just does not have a SPDIF input on it. and the TV does not have
the analog line output..
It does have how ever, a head jack (stereo) output which I am
wondering if that carries the 5.1 signal ?

admittedly, it's a cheap system..

1000Watts Colby. But, since it was free, I'd like to
get the TV piped into it.