Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Help Me Figure Out How to Do This

-MIKE- wrote:
Upscale wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message
That is why I would do it with a circular saw and a straight edge.
Yes you can hardly tell that it was not cut by a much better saw.

And a really effective upgrade from the simple straight edge method
is some of the new track saws on the market. At the Toronto
Woodworking Show I went to in march, I got demonstrations from a
Festool dealer and a DeWalt dealer. The edges of the cut wood were
comparable in most every way to what one could get on a table saw,
but were much easier and certainly less space limiting.

...... and cost as much as a table saw. :-)

Yep, Coastal wants as much for the deWalt as I paid for my table saw.

Note that the deWalt is a 6-1/2" saw, not 7-1/2, and has a full quarter inch
less cut depth than a Skil 77. That means that you can use up a quarter of
an inch of height building a jig for it and end up with the same depth of
cut. That's in the "easy to do with some Masonite" category.