Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Frazer Hugo Frazer is offline

Default DIY DG demist

"Any original filling has been lost and replaced by air many
times over long before the condensation became visible."

I am looking at making a set of patio doors - but I don't like the idea of
sealed DG units that will probably or definitely go off in 5 years time or
even less.. didn't windows used to last for a century?

I was thinking of installing two panes of toughened glass to each door as
with a DG unit, but with the panes not sealed. The interior facing pane on
its own frame with spacer fixings. This would be to give ventilation between
the panes to reduce condensation, but be able to close them up tight when it
gets really cold during the winter. Are there reasons why this wouldn't work?

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/1391145585.aspx