Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Peter Andrews Peter Andrews is offline

Default Demoving dirty engine oil from clothes

"Alt Beer" wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:18:13 +0100, Tim Downie wrote:

Any suggestions or should I just bin them?

As others if you can't get 'em clean keep 'em for the next time you
are doing summat messy. More evidence of rampant consumerism. Blew up
the paper shredder this morning spraying DFL into it when running the
butane propellant ignited and blew open the plastic case. SWMBO'd was
all for binning it. Why? Take the cover off bit of glue good as new.
Me? Lesson learnt about flammable propellants. B-)

Cheers
Dave.

Sounds fun.

Reminds me, yesterday I was in an electrical wholesalers and noticed that
someone had removed the top part of their shredder, the part that does the
shredding and mounted it in an aperture cut out in the lid of a household
size plastic dustbin. No more emptying the shredder every 5 minutes.

TLC at Coulsdon?

Peter