Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Knee Jerk

Upscale wrote:

This is the internet. It's all online, even what was said years
before. Tell me I'm wrong Tim. Show me where you were attacked first.
Tell me you're not a hypocrite of the highest degree.

Castigate me as much as you want, but despite the difficulties I have
physically, my memory is excellent.

Two observations:

1. Hypocrisy is not intrinsically bad; 95% of the nation's gynecologists are
men.

2. You can't really criticize a progressive for profanity - it's what they
do. A recent study of mainstream blogs found that the comments section of
liberal blogs contained eighteen times the number of naughty words compared
to conservative sites. For example, "Lucianne.com" has virtually zero
profanity whereas "dailykos.com" contains a high percentage of "the seven
forbidden words."

I suspect, but can't prove, the latter is because liberals argue from an
emotional, child-like, ego state rather than a dispassionate, adult
position. An emotional argument often involves an anecdotal example whereas
an adult discourse usually involves aggregates of a population ("one child
becomes Autistic due to measles vaccine" vs. "thousands don't die because
they don't contract the disease").