Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
McKevvy McKevvy is offline

Default Demoving dirty engine oil from clothes

On 23 Sep, 08:18, "Tim Downie"
wrote:
A lost cause or worth a shot?

I went a bit mad last weekend and changed the oil in my lawnmower.
Unfortunately, I didn't realise just how far hot oil could splash and
managed to spatter my craghopper trousers with old oil. *Conventional
washing hasn't shifted the oily marks.

Any suggestions or should I just bin them? *I haven't tried drycleaning
(yet) as I'm concerned I could be just wasting my time (& money).

When I was a truck driver and came home sometimes covered in ****ty
grease, I used a chemical called "Green Saver Oil Dispersion Lotion"
made by a company called Stag Chem, Monarch Works, South gyle Ind Est,
Edinburgh (0131 334 8147)

It worked exceptionally well on my oily overalls when stripping my
motorbike. The bumf on the label reads "will quickly emulsify and
disperse accidental oil spills on grass including hydraulic oil" (my
brother obtained this for me when he was a greenkeeper)

I can swear by it.

McKevvy