Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Piers Finlayson Piers Finlayson is offline

Default Demoving dirty engine oil from clothes

On 23/09/2009 08:18, in article , "Tim
Downie" wrote:

A lost cause or worth a shot?

I went a bit mad last weekend and changed the oil in my lawnmower.
Unfortunately, I didn't realise just how far hot oil could splash and
managed to spatter my craghopper trousers with old oil. Conventional
washing hasn't shifted the oily marks.

Any suggestions or should I just bin them? I haven't tried drycleaning
(yet) as I'm concerned I could be just wasting my time (& money).

Why would you bin them? Surely you would wear them next time you do
something oily/dirty?