Posted to alt.home.repair
AndyHancock AndyHancock is offline

Default Mold smell only short duration after shower

On Sep 17, 7:18*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Sep 17, 7:03*pm, "cshenk" wrote:

"AndyHancock" wrote

The water doesn't smell, but the air in the apartment smells when I
step out of the shower. *Only for a short while, if I ventilate. *Not
all the time, either. *I'm not sure if it depends on whether the
shower is a hot one, or how long the shower is...something I'll keep
an eye on for now. *Hot showers usually after a workout day.
*And if it was wetted, it wouldn't dry within 20 minutes
simply cuz I ventilate the apartment. *I find that puzzling.

Andy, it sounds like a trap that has an issue. *Like how the sink below has
a bend and water is in there (supposed to be there) but not getting used
enough and some sort of mold may be along it's line. *Use of the shower and
the lines interconnected at the lead out from the house causing it to shift.

It's unlikely to be the tub/shower drain. *More apt to be the sink.
Especially if you dont use that articular sink much. *Dont laugh, we have a
side 1/2 bathroom where the toliet gets used but the sink almost never so we
developed odd smells until we figured that out. *ow we pour a little bleach
down that 'other sink' every week, let it set 10 mins then run the water.