Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Very slippery marble floor

"Smarty" wrote

I am mostly looking for anybody who has some experience with this type of
approach, since adding carpet runners, non-skid tape, gritty patches, and
all the things which may be considered in a public bathing area, for
example, would look entirely inappropriate in this entry foyer.

I have no direct experience with this but i recall some floors in Florida
done that way Mostly they were entry foyers.

What people did was use a 'coating' (not sure if it was an epoxy or what)
and in it they mixed a little fine grain sand. This provided a still
somewhat shiny look, yet had sand in there to help traction.