Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Very slippery marble floor

Smarty wrote:
"charlie" wrote in message

"Smarty" wrote in message
I have a very slippery marble floor which is dangerous to walk on. I
nearly slipped several times and my wife actually did slip and fall.

Is there any easy method to make this surface have more friction
without damaging the appearance or the surface itself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

no. put down rubber backed rugs, or abrade the surface.

I was hoping somebody could possibly recommend a non-slip topping
which could be mopped or sponged onto the surface. I would have to
think that some such product has been developed, given all the slips
and falls people take on ceramic tile, marble, and other slippery /
smooth floor surfaces. Maybe something used around swimming pools or
other public areas is available?

They do. It's made of epoxy and sand.