Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Help building spice rack

"PinInCalgary" wrote in message

Anyway, I'm building a spice rack out of some left over baltic birch and
hardboard and was wondering what spacing is typically used between
shelves? I was thinking of using dowling on the face of the shelves, to
hold the spice jars on the face of the shelf, with the top dowel located
at about 1/2 the height of the spice jar. Was thinking of using a spacing
about 1.5x the height of the spice jar? That way the spice jar could just
slip between the top of the dowel and the bottom of the next up shelf?

Comments?

My only comments is to make a spice drawer rather than a rack. Serious
cooks keep spices in closed area, out of the light.