Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Switch off at the socket?

Steve Thackery wrote:

It isn't. It takes a lot more man hours to manage and keep the bloody
things doing anything useful than it does to mine and refine Uranium.

For both nuclear and wind, with wind being slightly less so, since it
has far higher ongoing costs than nuclear.

TNP, I'd like to read more about this. Do you have any sources that
explain more about why wind power is expensive in terms of money and CO2?

Only teh famous quote I heards from some Nu Laber Clone, where she said
that kilowatt for kilowatt, 'Windpower generates 70 times as many jobs
as nuclear'.

which implies its a lot more expensive, since in the final
analysis.,what costs money is paying people to build and maintain
windmills. when they could be doing something more productive. Well
under a sane government they could be. This one will merely retrain them
as telephone sanitisation executives.

Just think of all the boats they will need to fix em for a start.

Thanks.

SteveT