Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Fridge Temperature

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:26:42 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
had this to say:

Zen83237 laid this down on his screen :
What temperature should I be getting inside a fridge. Myine is showing 15
degrees C so in the unsafe zone. It is getting on a bit so ready to be
changed I think but it does work, the chiller at the back is certainly cold
but obviously not cold enough.

If you meant the fridge, rather than the freezer section and +15 rather
than -15....

Your fridge section should be below +7 deg C your freezer below (minus
of) -17 deg C.

My Siemens F/F is set at +4C and -18C, and I'm still (only just!)
extant...

I usually keep mushrooms in the bottom of the fridge section (with a
few tomatos and potatos) and they're usually a bit frosty when I
remove a few for brekker...

--
Frank Erskine