Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Very slippery marble floor

"Smarty" wrote in message
"charlie" wrote in message

"Smarty" wrote in message
I have a very slippery marble floor which is dangerous to walk on. I
nearly slipped several times and my wife actually did slip and fall.

Is there any easy method to make this surface have more friction without
damaging the appearance or the surface itself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

no. put down rubber backed rugs, or abrade the surface.

I was hoping somebody could possibly recommend a non-slip topping which
could be mopped or sponged onto the surface. I would have to think that
some such product has been developed, given all the slips and falls people
take on ceramic tile, marble, and other slippery / smooth floor surfaces.
Maybe something used around swimming pools or other public areas is
available?

usually you don't put shiny marble floors on something that people normally
walk on when they're wet. in those places that do, have some sort of
rubberized mats, roughened surfaces (either painted on with sand or other
grit added), or textured surfaces (tile).