Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Very slippery marble floor

On Sep 22, 7:35*am, "Smarty" wrote:
I have a very slippery marble floor which is dangerous to walk on. I nearly
slipped several times and my wife actually did slip and fall.

Is there any easy method to make this surface have more friction without
damaging the appearance or the surface itself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

FWIW, polyurethanes are inherently high friction. A water based PU
varnish might give you the result you want. It will be light colored,
so the stone may not change appearance very much. Try a small section
somewhat out of view to see whether the improved friction works for
you.

Joe