RWM

Default two-inch thick stock for chair seats

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I just called my wood dealer, but he doesn't carry any 2" thick stock
lumber. I'm specifically looking for kiln-dried eastern white pine
(would settle for Popular or other soft wood) to make wooden chair
seats. What do other woodworkers do? Glue up sandwiched 1.5" stock
then surface plane?

I don't know where you live, but I was at a dealer in Seattle today and they
had most types of hardwood up to 12/4 and common types in 16/4. I would
find a new dealer in your area. If there is nothing local you can get what
you need from the web.

Bob McBreen