Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default chainsaw technique

On Sep 22, 5:11*am, jim wrote:
On Sep 22, 9:29*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
The chain fits into a groove. If one side of the groove is
lower, the chain tilts and pulls toward that side. Flat file
across the groove (perpendicular to the bar). It's hard to
describe in a text only email.

Flip the bar over is like rotate the tires on your vehicle.
Both are very good ideas.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The time that happened to me, I had to take the chain off,
and flat file the bar, which was unevenly worn.

I can't quite picture what you mean? *But... I did learn
that each time
I remove the bar, I flip it over so it wears evenly. *If you
still have
paint on the bar, the writing will be upside down.

The best thing you can do for yourself after you learn how to use the
saw is to learn how to maintain it. Find someone who knows how to
properly sharpen a saw and have him/her teach you. Every time I use it
for any period of time I inspect the bar and sharpen the chain before
putting it to rest.- Hide quoted text -

Yep. Disassemble and give it a good blow out with the compressor,
clean the air filter, dig the crud out of the bar grooves (thin
screwdriver or the hooks on your debth gauge file guide), sharpen and
flip the bar. I do all that about every 2-3 uses. I sharpen just as
soon as the saw won't pull it's way through the cut without pressure
or shows the slightest sign of cutting crooked.

Harry K