Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver[_2_] Jumpster Jiver[_2_] is offline

Default bose wave radio

"harold" wrote in message
hey guys,
Im working on a bose wave radio m#awr1-1w I found a transistor
shorted in the front of the power supply Q4 I replaced it and it came
on and worked for a day. Now it has the same symptoms but Q4 is good.
The symptoms are no sound , no display and when you unplug it , it
makes a wierd discharge sound in the speaker. Any ideas.

harold

Yes, Next time you find a bad component, try to find out why it went
defective. Could be bad solder joints, bad capacitors, other transistors,
etc.
I would start by checking the components that are directly connected to the
transistor you changed, and working your way out from there.