Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Power shower removal

John Rumm wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Your plumber was dead right, gate valves are the spawn of satan.

While undoubtedly true, I would not go so far as to remove one and do
without a valve altogether! At least they usually turn off (mostly) at
least once.

I have just had a look and he definitely hasn't put any valves in for
the bath room, apart from the shower, but he has for the downstairs
toilet and wash hand basin.

Mind you, there are valves to shut the hot and cold feeds in the airing
cupboard which is along side the bathroom.

Latest on this, I have sourced a new power shower for quite a good price
and I will inform my tame plumber that I want him to come and look at
the job and price it up. I don't have the plumbing resources to cope
with soldering in confined places. I did the plumbing when I did our
kitchen, but that was all behind where the base units were to go.

Dave