Tom J

Default Woodworker's Warehouse unfair sale practice

"Tom Crist" wrote in message

I have just moved into a new home with a 20 X 60 foot barn in which I
plan to build my dream workshop. During a recent visit to my local
Woodworkers Warehouse, I looked at all the new tools that I planned to
buy to outfit my new shop. One of those was the Bosch, 12", sliding
miter saw #4412. At $699 it was a lot of money, significantly more than
the DeWalt saw, but it sure was nice! Over the next few weeks I
returned to the store and had just about convinced myself to buy the saw
- after all, I had a lot of trim work to do in the house before I could
start on the barn. On my next visit to Woodworkers with credit card in
hand I found that the Bosch saw was now priced at $729. I know that $30
is not a huge difference but the "sticker shock" and the fact that other
tool stores in the area were selling the saw for $699 caused me to walk
out the door. I didn't buy the saw that day. A few days later I
received Woodworker's latest sale flyer in the mail and there was the
Bosch 4412 saw "on sale" for $699 - the original price and the same
price that other stores were charging.

If you watch pricing at those other stores closely over the year, you will see
them doing the same thing. People like to buy things "On Sale" and the
retailer has to price merchandize for the sale. Some states require sales to
be made at the higher price before starting sales at so many $$$ off, but most
don't. That's the reason I am saying that if one is doing it in your area,
they all are, including the grocery, discount department stores and Macy's &
Bloomingdale's.

Tom J