Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How is the main breaker different?

Yes, I've seen it. One house I worked on the panel, they had
a double 100 breaker feeding power in, and then the various
breakers going out.

The house had problems with lights dimming, now and again.
The HO and I switched the double 100 off, and pulled that
breaker. Sanded the buss bar where the breaker fit on. Some
anti oxidant on the buss, and into the end of the breaker.
Put it all back together, and everything was fine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob" wrote in message

Another difference between the main and regular breakers is
that on the
main, the power is fed from the source to the terminal lugs,
then to the
busbar. A regular breaker gets the power in from the busbar
and out
through the terminal(s). Can breakers handle power feeds in
either
direction?