Posted to uk.d-i-y
Leo[_4_] Leo[_4_] is offline

Default Engineered Vs Wood Flooring

On Sep 22, 12:22*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

Anyone looked at wood vs engineered wood?

I'm not that impressed with the durability of the Kahrs engineered
beech that we put in a few years ago. It comes finished, but if
I had it to do again I'd varnish over it because the joins are
obviously
not sealed and it's quite sensitive to water. I also reckon that the
overall strength (resistance to dings, etc) must be reduced by the
fact that the backing is glued up from softwood.

On the other hand it's easy to lay and no problems with warping,
cracking ...

LEo