Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Wasp spray that works

clipped

I ran into a yellow jacket nest a while back, and got five bites. Man, that
hurts. But you only feel the hair on your leg or arm tickle a little.
Then, BAM, it hits you. Leaves a nice red scab for about two weeks.

I found another nest yesterday, luckily seeing them before I really got
close in. There must have been fifty of them. I got a can of spray, and
sprayed. Immediately, three came at me. I ran like hell. The second time,
I didn't get so close. Spray and run, spray and run. I used a whole can of
spray.

That time, I won. XXtreme SW Utah.

Steve

There have been a few publicized (and tragic) cases of people who died
after massive y.j. attacks. One was a small child with hundred of
stings who died for lack of medical care afterward. Another, an elderly
man mowing his yard. Y.j.'s are the only wasps that PURSUE - and often
it is only the vibration of a mower that disturbs a ground nest to get
them going. Nasty!