Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default chainsaw technique

On Sep 21, 12:06*pm, Zephyr wrote:
hey all,

I was cutting wood for about 3 hrs on sat, and ran into an issue that
I think can be solved with better technique...
I find that most of my cuts always end "curving" to the right as I
progress thru the log.
IE, *the cut wood does not have a flat level surface.

its not a huge deal, but, it makes me and the saw work harder than
necessary ;

any suggestions on what might be done to fix that?

I used the "teeth" on the body of the saw, and also tried to run the
saw without touching them against the log I was cutting, * in both
cases the cut would end up the same.

Thanks everyone for your input!
I think I will change the chain and give it a go again. I was looking
at the dust being kicked out by the saw, and it looked really fine
compared to the larger bits of wood the chain was throwing earlier.
I'm guessing the chain is starting to dull, and with me trying to push
it, I was sending it off. The chain wears so gradually I don't notice
it right away.

thanks again!

Dave