Posted to misc.legal,alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Contractor Didn't Finish Work

wrote in message
I had a one-man company do repair work on my house. We have a contract
saying what he will do and for how much. When his workers said they
finished, he and I looked and agreed orally that they didn't finish.
We also agreed orally that they broke something. He said he would
finish and fix everything. I paid him all but $350. I didn't hear
back for two weeks. I called once a week for the next three weeks and
left voice mails. I still didn't hear back. The contract does not
have a time limit. I can finish the work and fix the broken thing
myself for a tenth of $350.
What do you think I should do?

Call him and give him a time limit, if he wants the balance